How to Update Drivers – Top Tips to Remember
Knowing how to update drivers can be a difficult task, especially when your system has so many devices that all need updating at different times! Knowing where to start can be a challenge, so here are some top tips to always remember.
1) Use Your Computer Tools – If you are unsure, there is no better place to start that with using your computer tools. For example Win XP drivers or Win98 drivers can often be displayed in a simple windows update. Or if you have a specific brand of computer, try using tools like ASUS update to help you search quickly. This doesn’t work for all situations but it’s a good place to start.
2) Check Manufacturer Websites – If you didn’t have much luck with the tip above then next I would recommend trying to find out from the manufacturer’s website directly. This can work, but may be a little difficult if you don’t know many details about your driver.
3) Know A Little About Your Devices – Keeping track of devices and understanding them a little is great for knowing how to update drivers. For example, you might need agp drivers, or you might need USB drivers. Depending on what it is you can do an internet search to find out more about the requirements and latest downloads.
4) Use Driver Websites As A Reference – There are now a number of websites dedicated to listing drivers according to manufacturer, operating system, type and more. Even if you aren’t sure whether to update your drivers, these sites can let you know the latest news and how new downloads can help keep your computer running smoothly.
5) Use Automatic Software – If you still don’t have a clue about how to update drivers then your last chance could be an automatic driver detector. Whether you need AGP drivers, Win XP drivers or anything else, these tools tell you at the click of a mouse what needs to be updated.
Filed under update drivers by .